St. Mary's has a vibrant, hard working and meaningful School Council. Its members consist of:
- A designated School Governor
- A School Council Secretary
- A Teaching Representative
- Two elected pupil representatives
- Mr Finnegan - The Headteacher also attends, as regularly as he can.
The agenda for the meetings are very much influenced by what the group would like to discuss. Children in each class are encouraged to put forward anything they would like their representative to share with the council and councillors then share the School Council Minutes during class circle/discussion time. A set 'School Council protocol' is followed to ensure whole school democracy and there is always a School Council item on the Full Governors Agenda.
Over the years, our School Council has played an important part with:
- St. Mary's Disability Scheme
- St. Mary's Healthy Schools Policy - the introduction of healthy snacks
- The discussions and selection of new play equipment
- The introduction of trousers for girls in the winter
- Various eco projects
- A Family Roots Survey - Social Cohesion Week
- Promoting Fairtrade within Studley and its successful efforts to become a Fairtrade Village
- Refurbishment of the Studley War Memorial Monument
- Cleaning and tidying up of Studley War Gravestones in the Churchyard.